View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 02:25 PM   #36
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
To date, I've been using Calibre Cloud to view and search my Calibre library remotely, and either Calibre Cloud or Dropbox to download to my mobile device Calibre library items (when not on the network Calibre is hosted on). Between Calibre Cloud and Dropbox, I have access to all my ebooks and edocs.

Nonetheless, I learned about CalibreBox today and tried it out. Here are my reactions to the free version of CalibreBox, so far:
  • Easy-peasy to set up
  • Accesses my Calibre library remotely via Dropbox (especially handy when when not using the network Calibre's host network)
  • Let me choose the Calibre Companion folder on my external SD card as an automatic download location
  • Loaded my Calibre library faster than Calibre Cloud does AND provides an ongoing progress report
  • Can sort, filter and search my Calibre library by title, author, and other relevant metadata fields
  • BOTTOM LINE: Nice app.

But...

When I stumbled across CalibreBox, I was in the process of seeking apps that allow one to do the following. Anyone familiar with apps that:
  • Read one's Calibre library books/docs in the cloud, without having to download them to one's mobile device (like OverDrive does for library books)?
  • Manage audiobooks the way that Calibre + CalibreBox or Calibre+Calibre Companion manage ebooks?
  • Play one's audiobooks in the cloud, without having to download them to one's device?

FYI: my devices are listed in my profile; both are Android (Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone, NOOK HD).

Last edited by Froide; 06-13-2015 at 03:08 PM.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote