View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 07:11 PM   #3
Marinolino
Groupie
Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura-One (using KOReader app), Boox Note-3, iPad(s)
I'd transfer books wirelessly (using wi-fi, not bluetooth) from iPads to my eink-readers (with web-browsers) the same way as I would to my PC.

By opening any pdf-reader or file-manager app on iPad with wi-fi transfer capability (there are hundreds of free apps e.g. foxit pfdf reader, chml+ lite or free version) and then clicking on wi-fi icon therein that will result in given current ip address of iPad e.g. XXX.XXX.X.XX:8080.

Then we have to open web-browser in eink-reader and enter given XXX.XXX.X.XX:8080 address therein.

And then to use available upload/download buttons/options.

At home I'd usually use wi-fi network of my home wireless router, and outside the house usually the network of my wireless HDD enclosure or of the wireless memory stick.

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Conne...K?tag=mr060-20

Using wireless memory stick (or wifi HDD or wifi HDD enclosure) is a very good idea if our iPad is low in storage memory, because we can transfer files wirelessly from iPad to the memory stick using its iOS app and then upload it wirelessly to our eink reader using its android app.

When using my cheap wi-fi HDD enclosure (as wi-fi memory sticks it also creates its own wi-fi network) I'd rather connect it with e-ink reader over USB cable and then wirelessly transfer files from iPad to the enclosure & connected eink reader, so, e.g. in this way I can transfer files wirelessly from iPad to Kindle DX even though it lacks wi-fi capability, also without the need for PC and an existing home or public wi-fi nework.

There are ways to do it like with bluetooth or IR (infra red) i.e. without the need for an existing wi-fi network (access point), just by using wi-fi capability of android e-ink readers & iPads and specific cross-platform apps mentioned in the link below, but I have not tested them with iPads yet.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...49&postcount=3

Last edited by Marinolino; 05-18-2019 at 06:20 PM.
Marinolino is offline   Reply With Quote