View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 09:05 PM   #34
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Yes, There's a family of them living somewhere nearby. And quite a few foxes live in the local cemetary, as do some rabbits. At various times in my garden there are squirrels, foxes, bats, hedgehogs, and, occasionally frogs (on their way to a neighbour's pond). And birds.
ok, well we DO have bats !!! in fact, in the summer, if you go to the canal at dusk, first you can watch the swallows acrobating in the sky, and then as it gets darker there is an imperceptible transition, and the arcs get more erratic, the shadows are a little more jagged, and then you realize it's not swallows anymore...

we have squirrels as well, and plenty of birds (apart from the pigeons, there are sparrows, and ducks, and sometimes (rather bizarrely) seagulls, and some others whose names i don't know.

Quote:
I have friends in south London who also have loads of foxes. They are quite common in cities now. Bristol has several colonies which have featured in television documentaries.
Perhaps there are fewer in Paris because of the peripherique?
yes, that seems likely. i wish we did have foxes here... they're so beautiful. although actually i don't really like seeing animals in cities, they always seem out of place and sad. so i guess i *don't* really wish we had foxes here. but in the suburbs would be all right, where there are more gardens and fewer cars...

i saw a hedgehog last summer in the country in the south ; we were out on the terrasse behind the house after dinner, and we heard a rustling, and turned our heads expecting to see the neighbor's cat again, but instead a strange pointy nose came out of the leaves, and then a little prickly head... we all stared at each other for a few seconds, and then he decided to take a different route and went back into the garden. it was the highlight of my evening (and it had been a pretty good evening up to that point, already).

well, although it may seem like it sometimes, unlike some animals zeldas are not nocturnal so i really must go to bed now.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote