View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 09:12 AM   #46
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakcrew View Post
Well, the move here was because my wife got a good job. My plan was to commute to Coventry at least until the end of the academic year, but it is probably for the best that it didn't work out - if only because I haven't had to travel in the bad weather.
Aaaaaaahhh now I see. I never understood why you'd move for a job and then move really far away from it causing you to have long commutes. So, it's all your wife's fault ey. Well, there you go. She makes the money, you clean the house. That means you get presents. You can start choosing your Glo case now

Quote:
The PhD is quite exciting - I might get my doctorate in time to use it before I have to retire!
Heehee

Quote:
I'm sure it will get there eventually. There are plans to build one of the Victoria and Albert museum outreach places here, which might get some tourists from Edinburgh - not that I want to live in a tourist town. However, looking at the levels of deprivation, something is needed.
Oh fun! I think I might go to Scotland again for my next holiday I'm starting to want to go there again!

Quote:
Not here - one-off days out and pointless rubbish are the way to say "I love you", apparently.
Awww how sad. Funnily enough, my Glo was a gift from my boyfriend... and I gave him his Kindle Paperwhite I guess we win at the relationship game!

Quote:
I didn't even know there is a chess program!
Oh that's right! It's relatively new for the older devices

Quote:
Surely that's what Mr_Often should be doing!
Oh, no, we're completely emancipated over here. Mr_Often picks the tulips and puts them in vases, I make the clogs and we do grocery shopping together. And cooking is divided up evening during the week (allowing for one day of delivery food). Of course, cooking isn't much work as it's either cheese fondue or grilled cheese sticks. Sometimes we have grated cheese (with pasta underneath) though.

Quote:
I'll have a look. As I said earlier, I don't have a problem with battery life, but it is useful to know.
I think the problem only occurs in newer devices. So your Touch will be fine. I can't promise anything about your new Glo though.

Quote:
It also puts into context your comments about not wanting to plug in your Glo because it would mess up your test. I'm surprised you forgot about the SD card option, though ...
So was I! That was very weird. Too much mouldy tulip smelling, perhaps.

Quote:
So far this week I've upgraded one computer to Windows 7, serviced the car, tidied my study (at last!), and now I'm running out of jobs.
Ooooh please come over and do my study as well!
Mrs_Often is online now   Reply With Quote