Thread: Troubleshooting New Kindle Touch SO/WiFi won't sync
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 07:56 AM   #1
jacksonunit
Sand Bender
jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle1/iPhone/iPad/Droid/KindleDX/Kindle 3G/Kindle Touch/Kindle Fire
New Kindle Touch SO/WiFi won't sync

My new Kindle Touch with Special Offers, WiFi only arrived yesterday. I connected to my home WiFi router with no problems. Then I discovered that it is not syncing with my Amazon library.

I rebooted, de-registered/re-registered, cycled the WiFi, cycled power to my router, anything I could think of that made sense. Then, I went to the manager portal and de/re registered, sent it a book... nada

Back on the Kindle, I browsed the Kindle Store, bought a book, tried sending samples, changed the name... At one point, the book I bought showed up as "pending" on the home screen, but the arcived items were still (0).

I did a chat session with Amazon CS which was gratifying in that the operator had me try all of the things I had already tried, but not so gratifying in that it still did not resolve the issue. She decided the only thing to do was to send me another one, but somehow I don't think that is the answer.

Browsing the interwebs for answers, I see several people with this problem on new Kindle Touches. and more with it on K3 WiFi models. I a few cases, a trip to Starbucks reportedly solves the issue, and it worked at home after that for them.

The nice part is, if it doesn't fix the issue, I can console myself with a breve caramel latte frappichino fizz.

Tra la la.
jacksonunit is offline   Reply With Quote