View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 12:34 PM   #24
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I wouldn't expect Mobipocket.com to shut down non-Kindle sales just because the Kindle Launches ....
No, neither would I... but we don't know yet that the Kindle will use Mobipocket. If Amazon is especially stupid, they'll create some new format (maybe a modified Mobi) that will run only on the Kindle, and only fight to get additional content into that new format.

It all depends on whether they want to sell hardware or content. Personally, I have a hard time understanding why they jumped into the hardware market, with so many less expensive readers already out there. Whether it's the EVDO connection or something to do with the way they want to use the keyboard, it had better be a huge usability improvement over existing models.

Should we start a betting pool about what color the case will actually be? I'm thinking black -- that would go a long way toward losing the "retro 80's" look.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote