Thread: Sony battery
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 06:25 PM   #8
perost
Enthusiast
perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.perost ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Good summary, hopefully this will clear up some confusion about the battery. I'd like to add some comments though.

First of all, with the PRS-900 you get an external charger included. I believe that is the only Sony Reader that includes a charger though (I guess you were talking about a specific reader, since not all of Sonys readers are rated for ~7k page turns).

And as Penforhire says, the page turns number only tells you how many page turns you get if you continuously flip pages until the battery is drained. This is to my knowledge true about all e-readers that specify page turns though, and not only the Sonys. It's a pretty stupid way of measuring battery time, but is perhaps usable as a relative measurement when comparing readers.
perost is offline   Reply With Quote