View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 02:14 PM   #7
wilbrich
Connoisseur
wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo (original), Sony Tablet, Sony PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by hieronymos View Post
No! I want a dock! The thing is clearly designed to be put into a dock! :-) (power plug and headphones plug nicely aligned) Or a bar-like extension battery with stereo speakers which you can charge from the side.
If they don't do it soon, I'll send the dimensions to China and buy it on ebay! :-)

They should change the plug of the charger to make a 90 degrees angle - which should go away to the side instead of going down.
Yeah, a dock! My Sony Tablet has a cradle (i.e. dock) and it makes it super easy to store, charge, etc. Also doubles as a photo frame and desk clock. But that won't be so easy with the Kobo since its micro SD slot requires it to be in portrait mode. Most photos are landscape.

And I think it's pretty unanimous that we all want a longer charge cable. But to make this an attractive accessory (that people will buy), it should come with a set of micro adapters so that the charger can connect to the Kobo at various different angles (i.e from straight in, from left or right, from the back). I'd like an right-angled connection when using the Kobo in portrait but a straight-in when using in landscape.
wilbrich is offline   Reply With Quote