Thread: Kudos to Kobo
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 02:35 PM   #12
HamsterRage
Evangelist
HamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceless View Post
Statistically? Really? Let's see them stats...
Sorry, bad choice of words. Originally, I was going to say something like "always", but realized that there would always be some kind of people that are tightly focused on the product itself - so clearly that wouldn't be right.

Having had some time to reflect, I'd revise what I posted along these lines, "When customers have the need to seek out customer service to resolve some matter, the way that they are treated by the company, and the company's approach to delivering service, generally has a greater impact on customer satisfaction than the actual material facts comprising the service issue itself."

So for sure, the vast majority of customers buy a product and use it happily and never have any need to contact the manufacturer or retailer or whatever, so the customer service side of things plays absolutely zero in their satisfaction with the product.

But when there is a problem...then the experience is virtually everything. I've seen this from both sides of the situation lots of times - as a customer, or hearing people talk about their own experiences as customers and from dealing with people as the service provider. But sorry, I don't know of any studies on this - but there must be some.

Personally, I think getting three faulty replacement units in a row would start taint the service experience for me, "Sure, they were nice about it, but they never took the time to make sure that the replacement actually worked...". But I'm not at all surprised that someone could still walk away happy from the experience.
HamsterRage is offline   Reply With Quote