View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 11:46 AM   #9
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Assuming by saying ebook you're ruling out PDF, I'd suggest that Mobipocket is the next most common
Ideal ebook format is LRF for me.
Reflowable, very good looking, bugless performance, instantaneous response times, such as changing font size, turning a page, going to menu, etc., on my Sony Reader PRS-505.
What is equally important about LRF it is easy to make with Book Designer, where I can mark parts of the text as epigraph, verse, bold, italic, different font type, titles. I can do all of this without any technical knowledge about codding. Just learning how to use the s/w package.

PDF cannot compete with it. It is not reflowable, thus I cannot change font size and retain the same layout.

I realise that LRF will be gone and replaced by epub, all I can do is hope that one day there will be a tool similar to Book Designer for creating epubs. Although, I would not use epub today anyway because Sony Readers do not support full justification and right handed ragged ends drive me crazy, even more than meaningless page numbers in the middle of the text (I know that they are meaningful, but I don't see any use for them in my current Sony Reader.)

Last edited by astra; 10-31-2009 at 11:50 AM.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote