View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 08:03 AM   #32
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
I switched over to Win 7 too, and run the very old program I use for accounting in a virtual machine. But virtual machines are on the order of Linux in difficulty.
Virtual Machines are not that difficult. I have several, mainly development machines to keep development, testing and operational seperated (also to see dependencies between libraries better).
I personally use VirtualBox, which is free to use. You just say how big it must be (memory/diskspace) and usually what OS will be on there and you are good to go. Of course you need to install our OS, but Greg already has a licensekey. It is really not difficult.
Now, if you want to use VMware ESX, that is a different story but also aimed for another market (business). For 'normal' people Virtualbox will suffice.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote