View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 01:09 AM   #22
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Maybe it was a criticism of the original edition that was changed for the later editions? My copy is a paperback, published in 2006, the year after first publication. It has the italics rather than quotation marks.

It didn't really bother me once I got used to it. I accepted it as part of the narration of what happened. There weren't extended conversations, just a phrase or a sentence here and there, a bit like including a quote from an original document within the body of an essay.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote