View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #289
auspex
Groupie
auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nexus 5x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankh View Post
I have not found a service provider in Canada that offers a "sim-only" discount. Buying your own phone is rarely used option, mainly for prepaid plans, or when you lose your phone (and are in the middle of contract).
Not really. I've been using Virgin Mobile. I think Koodo has the same system. You buy a phone on "the tab" - and they don't actually make you pay for it up front. They deduct 10% of your bill from the value of the phone every month, and if you need a new phone before the tab reaches zero, you have to pay the difference (I did). The important thing is that you're not locked into a contract. The phones are locked, but I unlocked mine for $15 and took it to Europe and bought a SIM card in Spain. I could have bought a phone outright, but couldn't see it being any cheaper (and most of the available phones are Chinese knockoffs that may, or may not, be as reliable as the phones they've copied).

What would 1GB data cost? $60/mo.

I'm currently paying about $20/month for the phone, $30 /mo for 200MB data (I'll use most of it), unlimited text and 150 minutes talk.

I do put books on the phone, but far prefer to read on my Kobo.
auspex is offline   Reply With Quote