View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 06:02 AM   #18
Top100EbooksRank
Banned
Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
The reason why you're finding nothing but English SF and Mystery books in the links that you've posted is because you've linked the Kindle洋書 section which is Japanese for "Foreign (ie English) books". Naturally there aren't going to be any Japanese books there. Looking in the actual Japanese section there doesn't seem to even be a Science Fiction section but that's another point altogether.
I agree that Kindle and Kobo are facing an uphill battle to gain acceptance but I'm going to need to see a properly researched article with actual citations rather than simply "look at Amazon.co.jp's bestseller list" before I believe that they're a failure.
Thanks for the correction. I was using Google Translation on Chrome so I didn't catch that. My mistake. But that beg the question:

If English language have their own genre section, where are the sections for the popular genre from Japanese language? genre like

Fantasy
Sci Fi
Mystery
Thrillers
Romance

Look at the Top 100 Best Sellers on Kindle Japan and it is devoid of the popular genre fiction mentioned above.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestselle.../ref=sv_kinc_2

Go the USA or UK Top 100 Best Sellers on Kindle and it is the opposite where genre fiction dominate.

What are some popular fiction books in Japan right now? Are they available as ebook?

Most likely, they have this instead on the side:

Tell the Publisher!
I'd like to read this book on Kindle

which mean the publishers are actively trying to kill ebook. The best way to prevent ebook from taking off is to withhold licensing.

Last edited by Top100EbooksRank; 12-30-2012 at 06:09 AM.
Top100EbooksRank is offline   Reply With Quote