View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #19
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
Thanks, works!
And a hint for others who might want to try this, it is a BAD idea to create something like 2000 shelves. Takes forever (over 30 minutes) to go to the shelves menu!
Ouch! When I warned about performance, I was thinking of the driver creating and maintaining the shelves.

From my experiments, the shelf related performance on the Touch is related to the number of shelves and the total number of books on them. So ten shelves with ten books each will be roughly the same as five shelves with twenty each. I think the most I have had was about 300 shelves but there were about 400 books on them. Most shelves had less than ten books, but a few had over 100. Performance wasn't to bad, but I found that number of shelves impractical.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote