View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 09:25 AM   #147
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtybest View Post
i have flashed a 5.0.4 kernel,can you provide a 5.0.0 kernel image?or when the 5.0.5 is released it will be possible for me to update?
There is now a download link for touch main kernel 5.0.0 in the first post for this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtybest View Post
or is it possible that i can get a main mmcblk0p1 image from a 5.0.4 kindle?and now de RUNME .sh doesn't work any more,i couldn't install my Chinese language pack either,why?
You can get a main image from a 5.0.4 kindle with the "dd" command, as documented in many posts.

RUNME.sh is launched by a payload that is installed by various data.tar.gz files. Some payloads only work booting from main (not diags). Others only work on SOME kindle models and can severely brick a kindle if installed on the wrong kindle model. That is why I wrote a generic data.tar.gz that has a generic payload that works on ALL kindle models. I tested the payload that it contains on DX,DXG,K3,K4,Touch. The K3 and earlier need the payload installed manually because they do not automatically extract data.tar.gz. My generic payload also works booting from both main and from diags. In fact, it MUST boot from diags for a RUNME.sh to be able to write to the idme vars (such as bootmode). The idme command in the main boot is read-only.

Last edited by geekmaster; 04-07-2012 at 09:28 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote