View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 06:05 AM   #4
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe563 View Post
There have been reports at getsatisfaction of the Android App behaving in odd ways sometimes, especially after an update. The problems can sometimes be solved by an uninstall followed by a reinstall.
Funny thing is I tried to uninstall and reinstall, and same thing, so I left is last night and decided that today I would uninstall it, remove all Kobo associated directories, and reinstall. But alas when I went to uninstall I wasn't given the option, only to force close the app. So I installed an uninstaller app and that didn't even show the Kobo app, yet it was there on my tablet and working.

So through the market I was able to update the Kobo app to the new one (damn ebook recommendations - they expect us to be bombarded by those but they don't listen to our firmware recommendations). Once updated I thought I would go through the whole uninstall process and start again, but I was only given an option to "uninstall updates" with a warning box saying the app will be reverted to the factory installed version. I have an Acer Iconia which didn't come with the Kobo app, so bugger me what has gone on.

Anyway, I think the Kobo app has decided to do as I say and just work, so far it (this is after several reboots) not deleted any of my ebooks and wanted to redownload them.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote