Thread: Duokan 2013
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 03:51 AM   #120
savy
savy began at the beginning.

Device: Kinde 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
I just installed it and noticed that there are still some longstanding basic functionality issues that haven't been fixed.

Here's a short bug list:

"Can not open this book" error message for valid ePubs.

Duokan won't open some ebooks if they contain non-English characters.
For example, Duokan displays this error message for Jellby's ePub version of Les trois mousquetaires, which passed epubcheck with flying colors. OTOH, it opened dpierron's version of Le petit prince without any problems even though epubcheck reports 120 errors for it.

Incorrect StarDict word segmentation algorithm implemented
When I tested the dictionary feature with German and French ePubs I noticed that all accented characters are apparently considered word delimiters.
For example, if the cursor is positioned before troisième, Duokan looks for troisi in the dictionary. The same goes for German umlauts and other special characters. This renders the lookup feature useless for languages other than English and Chinese.

PDF Reflow menu option still in Chinese
PDF reflow is one of the most useful features of Duokan besides RTL support. Unfortunately, the PDF Reflow menu option is still in Chinese. (See screen capture.)
=================================
Thanks for your bug report.
Kindleuser@duokan.com is contact mailbox for all users. And en.duokan.com, we are trying to reply all comments.

A. Some of epub files are not supported. Re-building high quality EPUB files will fix it.
B. Will fix it later, no resources now.
C. Sure, will check and fix it very soon.
savy is offline   Reply With Quote