View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 04:38 PM   #15
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Some test results on the 'test image auto scale SOURCES.zip' in the first post above.

I added two things to your testbed, with unexpected results:

1. I increased your header by adding 5 <hr>'s to see if eBook Publisher would accomodate this header. The answer is NO! I had expected/wished this wasn't so.

2. I increased your image size by 300% and added them as a third set of images. I had expected this to 'break' the 1150 or 1200 but they appear to be the same as the second set of images. Using the same aspect ratio causes them to shrink down proportionately and thus not be a problem.

Then I changed the aspect ratio and made them 300% taller, but keep them at 200% wide. I, instead, used these re-sized pictures as the third set of images. This then did break as the taller pictures bled into the bottom margin again! There's no winning situation here!

Attached are my results!
actually, i hate to say it, but those are *exactly* the results i would have expected.

we know Publisher scales to fit horizontally but not vertically ; so, *anything* which either reduces the vertical screen space or breaks the height / width ratio of the image by adding height without proportional width, will break the "page". that is the point of finding the perfect *ratio*, not size.

as long as the image remains *proportionately* identical to an image of 310 x 430px, you can make it one million per cent bigger (but i hope you have a really *big* memory card, in that case ), it will still scale proportionately. however, adding only 10% will break the page, if you add it to height only (ironically, because of this bug, if you add 10% to *width* only, the scaling will work correctly, however the image will appear smaller on the screen and have an empty margin underneath).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote