View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 10:57 AM   #42
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags
I have been long reading David Foster Wallace's Brief Interviews With Hideous Men and sitting him in my own personal pantheon of OMG!-I-SO-LIKE-TOTALLY-LOVE -THIS-AUTHOR-LIKE-OMG! Greats. The recently slowly-read short story within, Tri-Stan: I Sold Sissee Nar To Ecko was most amusing and confusing (thus slowly-read). I have not read any else of Foster Wallace's, though I have Infinite Jest in the TBR pile.

Anyone else read/love/hate any of his works?
I read and absolutely loved Infinite Jest, but it was long enough ago that the details are mostly gone. It's the only work by Wallace that I've read. Since there will obviously be no more... I'm in no hurry to "catch up."

I'm still waiting for a Vonnegut successor, as well. I thought for a while that Wallace might be a candidate to eventually fill those shoes. But alas, they're both gone and I'm alone.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-06-2011 at 07:43 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote