View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 06:29 PM   #1
leday
Groupie
leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook Color
HELP -- AC Adapter charger port loose

My dog knocked my PRS-700 off the nightstand while it was plugged into the AC wall adapter and charging and now it seems that the adapter port is loose. The connection plug now feels a little bit loose when plugged in and the adapter plug does not make an electrical connection anymore unless I "wiggle" it or put a small amount of side pressure on it (at which time the connection is made and the charger light comes on). However, if I stop the pressure/wiggle, the connection breaks and stops charging. This also happened with a brand new adapter, so i know it is not the adapter itself that went bad.

The 700 will charge perfectly fine with the USB connector to my PC, but I REALLY want the AC adapter port to work again so I can read while it is charging, or read in bed using the book light.

The reader works perfectly otherwise and I really love it. Is there way that this can be fixed easily or am I going to have to buckle down and send it in to Sony for repair. I don't want them to foist a "refurb" unit on me when this loosened port is the only problem and my unit works just-fine-otherwise-thank-you-very-much. My reader is over a year old, BTW.

Any help would be much appreciated.
leday is offline   Reply With Quote