View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 01:07 PM   #8
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
If you use Send To Kindle to send your side-loaded doc to send to your device (and so it is stored in your Amazon cloud storage), then you can use any recent Fire, or the Kindle app on Android or iOS to Export your 'notebook'.

For some reason, this option is not available on Kindle (even though your notes will be stored there), and it won't work with side-loaded files since the implementation requires syncing notes to the cloud, where a server process gathers them up and sends them as an email attachment to the email address that you use for Amazon.
Thanks for illuminating this. Questions:

1) Let's say I have side loaded a file as a AZW3 format to my Kindle Paperwhite and made some highlights. Now I'm done with the book and want to use my Kindle fire tablet to export my notebook. Can this be done? Or because it's a AZW3 format I cannot? I.e. what formats are allowed.. .mobi only? What's the best way of getting highlights off my Kindle paperwhite?

2) Let's say I want to read a book on both my paperwhite and my fire tablet. Will my progress AND my highlights be synchronized across devices?

3) As an aside; where do you folks store all your book notes? As I start to read more, I like taking notes/highlighting passages but I don't want it just go away forever. I find myself reading more sideloaded books so the Amazon highlights feature isn't really an option.

Best,
arooni
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote