Thread: iPad Apple's New iPad
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 04:44 PM   #5
dkb
ebook enthusiast
dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle 2, iPhone, Sony PRS-350, Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch
So the iPad looks great. Too bad that according to Slate's Big Money--2nd Paragraph of the following site:

http://www.thebigmoney.com/features/...ota-halt-sales

"Apple is asking publishers to set two e-book price points for hardcover best sellers: $12.99 and $14.99, with fewer titles offered at $9.99."

Well, I guess Steve never had much respect for readers--after all nobody reads anymore. I think rising e-book prices will discourage a lot of people from e-readers.

I could see wanting an iPad someday, but it rankles that Apple cares so little for their customers. They're giving us this handy gadget that can do everything--even read books, but they're also going to make sure that we pay more for those books than we do right now.

I hope they don't win this one. I'm rooting for Amazon. At least Amazon is trying to provide a reasonably priced product.
dkb is offline   Reply With Quote