View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 03:23 AM   #8
Kindleing
Connoisseur
Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayseidel View Post
I screen = 1 page sounds sensible to me. For example, I have Star Trek Destiny #1 open on my Kobo. On the top, it will say something like 341/546 and on the bottom, it might say something like 7/14 (for chapter). This helps me understand progress relative to the book, much like the feel of a book in your hand.
There are at least two points of view, if not more. One point of view wants to use page numbers as a guide to how big/long the book is. That helps them choose which book to begin reading when they are looking for something to read. Page numbering systems which vary based on font size or other criteria don't lend themselves to judging the length of a book as compared to some other book. They also don't lend themselves to group discussions, such as among book club members reading a common book.

I tend to be in the camp that uses page numbers to decide if I should start the next chapter or quit reading and go to bed. At that point I am already reading the book, and the length of that book compared to War and Peace is irrelevant. Once I have started a book I don't normally change the font or other settings which change page count, so 1 screen = 1 page is what I want to see.

But, like with most philosophical disputes, there is only One True Way.
Kindleing is offline   Reply With Quote