View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 11:04 PM   #61
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
This is off-topic, but it is interesting how stories overlap. The first "computer" I used was a Programma 101 when I was somewhere around age 16. I "graduated" to an IBM 1130, then to all of a 1620, a CDC 6400, and various PDP11s. The 6400 operators wouldn't let us peons play space invaders running on the machine's IO processors. The 1620 was fun because it did basic math using memory lookup tables that we could change, making it think that (for example) 2 + 2 = 7 (the physicists loved us ). The PDP11s were running RSX11 but were switched to UNIX (V6) by the time I touched them.

And for those of you who used TTY Model 33s: "values of β will give rise to dom."
Your the first person I've known who admitted to using a Programma 101. At the labs where I worked no-one else used it, young grads preferred to bang away on Monroe 88Ns or send boxes of punched cards to HO (2 day turn around if you were lucky), the older guys stuck to their slip and cylinder slide rules.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote