View Single Post
Old 04-17-2022, 11:56 AM   #877
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
The Kobo Libra 2 microsd card turns out to be glued in all around, which makes it difficult to remove or replace.
Much, much later...

I finally managed to remove the microsd card. It's a bit like pulling a tooth with a piece of string tied to the door handle...

So anyway, I used a glue stick and a strip of paper. Put glue on one side of the paper, then squiggle it into the microsd slot (as far as possible in between card and metal cover)... make sure it sticks to the microsd card (wait half hour for glue to dry), then pull slowly.

It didn't work with just a duct tape... even the paper strip method I had to use twice, as first time it only peeled off a thin layer of the water proof coating or whatever it is, instead of sticking to the card itself.

In the end it went out quite easily... not sure if any of my previous attempts helped.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	libra2-microsd-paperstrip-1.jpg
Views:	1336
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	193288   Click image for larger version

Name:	libra2-microsd-paperstrip-2.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	193289   Click image for larger version

Name:	libra2-microsd-paperstrip-3.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	193290  

Last edited by frostschutz; 04-17-2022 at 12:22 PM.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote