View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 12:51 AM   #48
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
According to some emails I have recieved (I haven't checked this myself), it has helped with certain ebooks which don't show their styles otherwise. As for me, I find it a useful debugging option in certain cases.
For testing various style changes, I can see it would be handy. But, I haven't seen any other bugs. I'd be interested in what you have been told.
Quote:
Most optional changes are for firmware bugs or customization, most unusual mandatory changes are to fix issues reported to me about differences in the kepub and epub renderer. The nbsp replacement is one of these (they don't show otherwise).
Not in any of my tests. The calibre editor tends to use the unicode character for everything instead of entities. I have lots of non-breaking spaces scattered through the books and they all show OK. And I remember discussing how different spaces work in the past. At the time I added various types of spaces as unicode, named HTML entities and numeric HTML entities to a test book. They all display OK.
Quote:
The smart punctuation is my opinion (it isn't as heavy handed as others though),
My issue isn't that you do it, but that it isn't documented as being done and can't be turn off. But, unless I missed something, it only seems to be doing double and triple dashes (and then fixing comments). But, it is forcing a space around them. That is something that gets argued about. But, from memory, it also tends to be national. US tends to not use the space, UK tends to use them, but prefers an en-dash.
Quote:
and the others are just code cleanups which make no difference otherwise (like the ms tags and the indentation of the opf). I'll work on documenting them all as I work on v3.

Not doing the nbsp replacement causes side effects in itself.
You said above they don't display, which isn't the case here. But, side effects sounds like something else. What are they?
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote