View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 10:13 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
You're wrong about the deleted books, because I had looked for them in the Archive page, and they are not there. Since I apparently have too many books for the Purchase History to be displayed, I'll have to rely on Kobo to fix what they broke.
Well, I will disagree on being wrong. But, maybe I misinterpreted what the CSR was telling you to do.

The Purchase History has no information about the status of your books, beyond the fact that you purchased the book. The only thing that might be helpful is that it has a link to the book details page. Clicking that to see the book should show the status. Where the price and buying buttons would be, should have "You already have this title." and a "View in My Books" button if the book is in the library. If it is in the Archive, then it will have "You already have this item, but have removed it from your library" with an "Add to My Books" button. It does look like if you delete completely, Kobo still remembers this, but I haven't tested this with a book I paid money for. They have all been freebies. I can't see a book I paid to test with that I'm willing to risk.

That status might be what the CSR was talking about. But, it would mean visiting each book and seeing what the current status is, and hopefully being able to press an "Add to My Books" button to get it back.

The "My Books" section of the library shows what will be synced. The "Archive" section shows what you don't want on the device, but, haven't decided to get rid of completely.
Quote:
The repair device caused my new library book to show up, but the sync still fails.
As the library book showed up, did the other books in your library show up? Does failed mean that the other books didn't download, or was there was an error message?
Quote:
I am signing out on one of my readers now, but it takes several days to reload all my books to the reader, assuming that my syncing problems are not all on the Kobo server side.
If the books aren't in the "My Books" list, they won't sync. Based on what you are saying, most of them aren't. And that sounds like something Kobo has to fix. Especially as they are the ones that broke it.

And one more thought. If you still have a device that has all the books on it, take a copy of the database. There is enough information in there to find all the books. At the least, it has the titles and authors. But, there are also ids and links to the books in the store. It could also be used as proof of what you had purchased.

Last edited by davidfor; 02-10-2019 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Fixed quoting.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote