View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 06:17 PM   #44
jackie_w
Wizard
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kobo: Aura6", H2O, GloHD, KA1, ClaraHD, Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by forster01 View Post
Apparently it is a bug. When a font is defined in for example h1 class it won't be shown. It will be visible only as span class font-family. In kepub that is.
I still disagree. It's a Kobo design decision for font overriding that you don't like. As it happens I don't like it either, which is why I use the patches to avoid this kind of problem.

FYI the font-family override rule for kepubs is
Code:
* { font-family: %1 !important; }
which is just about as aggressive as it gets. The Adobe renderer equivalent for epubs is
Code:
@font-face { font-family: -ua-default; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; src: url('res:///fonts/normal/%1') }
@font-face { font-family: -ua-default; font-style: italic; font-weight: normal; src: url('res:///fonts/italic/%1') }
@font-face { font-family: -ua-default; font-style: italic; font-weight: bold; src: url('res:///fonts/bolditalic/%1') }
@font-face { font-family: -ua-default; font-style: normal; font-weight: bold; src: url('res:///fonts/bold/%1') }
body, p { font-family: -ua-default !important; }
If you don't patch, to see embedded fonts you're supposed to always select 'Publisher Default' from the font menu? What happened when you did that? Your kepub example works on my Forma with Publisher Default but as mine is patched I can't draw any conclusions.

Last edited by jackie_w; 02-09-2019 at 06:24 PM. Reason: more detail
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote