View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 07:47 PM   #35
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Mainly speed, stability for large books, and some of the built-in CSS mods (such as the full screen fixes until recently, the CSS inliner to deal with the buggy FW and some buggy books, etc).

I have a well-defined scope for kepubify. Kepubify (the converter part only) will only:
- Convert epubs to kepubs
- Apply fixes to book-breaking (i.e. book is not readable) CSS and HTML layout which are in multiple books by a publisher
- Remove extra MS/ADE/iBooks/Calibre cruft
- Apply CSS modifications to fix or tweak bugs (see above) or Kepub features (like hyphenation)

I don't think I have seen any mention of most of that before. And I don't know what firmware bugs you are fixing. For example, I cannot remember mention of a bug in kepubs that needed the CSS to be inlined to fixed. And what are the other changes? You don't mention anything about them on the kepubify page. Is there a list somewhere of what is done? And how is the custom CSS handled? Added to each stylesheet, as a separate stylesheet or internal to the page? Does the stylesheet inlining do the latter or add stylesheets to each tag?

Some of this I could see by running kepubify with the different options. But, others would need books with those problems to see. But, as the kepubify page doesn't mention some of this, I wouldn't even be looking for it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote