View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 08:00 AM   #35
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
Hmmm, more experimenting, I cannot repro the issue with other books. I think it was something with this one book, let me test some more and get back to you.
If you see something, I would be interested in knowing what the problem is. Or seeing the debug log.
Quote:
One other question, David. Have you considered adding something akin to what Amazon, Google Play, etc., do with their annotation systems, and attaching some kind of a 'location' integer to the note? This could be anything from a publisher's location value (I think Amazon uses this) to a a publisher's page number (which is obviously an arbitrary value based on the original typesetting).
The problem with that is that I don't have any number like that. All the details in the annotations are from the database on the device. To add something like that would mean finding the location in the book and calculating it. There is a percentage with the annotation, but, it has different meanings for epubs and kepubs. In an epub, the percentage is over the full book. For kepubs, it is within the chapter. That means the only thing close to a useful number is different for the different formats.

Also, there is a long standing bug with epubs that means the percentage and chapter names for the annotations get reset when you reopen a book. But, there is an easy workaround to fix this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote