View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 06:49 AM   #24
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I actively discourage use of the "Copy annotations for Selected Books" function in my Kobo Utilities plugin. It is ugly, something I put together when I was first learning about this, and if I could, would drop. Each time someone mentions they use it, I am surprised.
That's the ONLY useful complete method to get annotations off the Kobo. The "uglyness" is irrelevant. It used to look pretty, but it still needed Search & Replace.
The few search & replaces needed to format the copy & pasted text are trivial.

Without this, I'd not be using the Kobo at all. I bought it for PDFs, but it's useless for scanned magazines (I've 100s of out of copyright) and larger format books. Only OK for small A5 size manuals.

My use of the Kobo for proof reading & annotations probably has saved enough toner and paper to pay for two of them. The lack of useful Chapter name & percent on the Kindle makes it very poor for finding where the annotations belong unless a large piece of source is highlighted. Apart from the fact the Annotations Plug-in is a pain to use the text outside of Calibre compared to the Kobo Utilities. I've no interest at all in seeing bookmarks, highlights or annotations in Calibre.

I read a lot. Maybe sometimes 4 to 14 hours a day. If it's reading for pleasure then it's simply put on the Kobo and read. Nothing ever copied back.
If it's proofing, then I might read and annotate from breakfast time to bedtime. The Highlight selection gets really slow. I guess Kobo don't test for more than a minute or two.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote