View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 12:18 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leash1 View Post
i have been using Calibre and not having difficulties with my Kobo Glo and Aura One until my last 15 or so downloads, none of which show the cover art on the thumbnails- they are all blank with titles only. selecting a book will display the cover art on full page but the thumbnail will remain blank - any thoughts? Most often, these are books from eBook.bike but some have come from LibGen. My Kobos now have about 800 books on them- could this be the problem?
Have you recently installed the KoboTouchExtended driver in calibre?

The cover you are seeing sound like for when the device cannot get the cover from the books. For epubs and PDFs, the cover is just the first page of the book. If the first page displays the cover correctly, the firmware will usually generated a cover properly.

For kepubs, the cover has to be defined properly in the OPF inside the book. If it isn't, then you will get the text cover. The KoboTouchExtended driver tries to do this when doing the changes to make the book a kepub, but, if the cover isn't defined properly, it cannot. If you have recently changed to using the KoboTouchExtended driver, you might be hitting this with your books. Try doing a Polish books for one of the problem books and use the option to update the cover. Then resend the book to the device. You might need to reboot the device to clear the cache, but, the cover should be generated for you to see.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote