View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 12:13 AM   #44
RobertJSawyer
Evangelist
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Aura, Mini; Kindle PaperWhite
I own two Kobo Mini units, so I tried the over-the-air Wi-Fi upgrading on them. On the first, it failed, giving an OK dialog after having downloaded the update, but failing to install it, and not restarting.

On the second one, it worked flawlessly.

Both were on firmware 3.4.1 to begin with; the upgrade takes the unit to 3.19.5761 (12/29/15).

So, why did the update on my first unit fail, with just an OK dialog, and no actual update installed (even though it downloaded fine)? I believe the culprit was lack of storage space on the device -- but there was no error message to that effect.

I went into my library on the device, sorted by size, and deleted several particularly large books, getting me to the point where I had about 200MB free (sadly, I didn't note the exact figure). I then ran the synch again, and my first unit properly completed the update as well.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote