View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 11:58 PM   #43
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Okay. But why require a forced update just to use on other websites? It would be nice to continue to have the option to update or not.
The security issues will be from the other sites as well. There are probably some sites that will reject the Mini connecting.

But, apart from the email and the reason given, the update is the same as any other update. Kobo have never given you a choice about updating. If you sync and there is an update available, it is downloaded and installed. This is the same.
Quote:
Except the Touch will continue to be supported which (I think) is older than the Mini? It's almost like something changed from the time I got the original email and now.
That's something I've been wondering about for a while. I never saw why they didn't keep updating the Mini. For the Touch, I asked Kobo about it at one time, and the answer was basically that they had sold a lot of them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote