View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 07:02 PM   #1
Derf
Connoisseur
Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD / Mac User
What's important in a memory card upgrade

So, I know that the standard 8GB in the Clara HD can hold thousands of books. Which is quite a few thousand more than I currently own/have.

However, if I were so inclined, what would I look for in a memory card to make the loading/reading of ebooks faster?

I see lots of benchmarks on micro SD cards, and they have basically 6 categories : sequential read, sequential write, 512K read, 512K write, and 4k read, and 4K write.

The small 4K read/write are always slower than sequential read/write. And I wonder, with a ePub that is maybe half a MB, would the 4K read/write be an important factor?

And does anyone know if the hardware in the Kobo devices will be limiting to take advantage of a $50 top-speed card?
Derf is offline   Reply With Quote