View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 09:25 AM   #37
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Mrs_Often's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,710
Karma: 2691155
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Glad to hear you have it fixed. I'm happy it wasn't the driver, but it would be good to know what it was.
Tanks! Me too... yes. I'm still quite confused at what happened.

Quote:
I get this occasionally as well. The matching is done in a couple of different ways. And it is most likely to fail for titles with series info added. But, then the next time you connect it works OK. Very annoying to try and debug.
I can imagine! Luckily it's nothing of consequence though, so oh well.
Quote:
It should be fine with 2.1.1. The database is the same, and nearly every action on it is done by the firmware. Deletes from calibre are safe. The only other updates are for shelves. The real work, adding a book to the database, is done by the device when it is disconnected. And there is no way I would attempt to do this from calibre. The only thing I can think of going wrong is disconnecting the device before the database is saved. If you do that the database could be corrupt, but the disk will probably need to be fixed as well.
That's reassuring thank you. I don't think I disconnected before the database was saved. I never pulled out the usb cable before safely ejecting, and my Mac doesn't let me eject if the disk is still in use. It doesn't even attempt to disconnect, just says "Nope, it's busy, leave it alone." But of course, you never know. Something must have gone wrong somewhere. The only other thing I can think of is that my Touch might not be suitable for 2.1.1 yet after all and I do need the 2.0.4 first, but by some magic I got 2.1.1 working anyway, with a messed up database. Might not have noticed the mess up until I started changing things. I was happily using 2.1.1 for a while before I started changing things, and that's exactly when things went wrong.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote