View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 10:44 AM   #7
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
AND - Stephen King - lots of newly added titles - all at $19.99.
AND - Roger Zelazny too

Edit: There is an on-going discussion on the Amazon Discussion Board about the King books - a post claims CS verified them as legit - and at $19.99!! More updates as they occur!

It's beginning to look like Amazon got loaded down big time this weekend with pirate copies of popular authors. I had noted a large jump in the total number of books available on Kindle (monitored in the Kindle forum) this weekend- a jump of several thousand in a day or so. Amazon will have fun trying to find & remove all of them, not to mention refunding purchases & deciding what to do about copies already purchased, since all are listed as published by "Amazon Digital Services."

I downloaded a few samples (yes you can get samples) and the appearance ain't half bad - no linked TOC, cover art, etc. But all I've seen are .azw and quite readable. The $19.99 price tag (and higher) is the give away.

Last edited by poohbear_nc; 08-17-2009 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Update King info
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote