View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 02:28 AM   #3091
Antinoos
Groupie
Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: PW3, KT3 (fw 5.8.11 with jb)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigismond0 View Post
You might be onto something there--I did install the VoiceView files on my EN-US language PW3 before doing the jailbreak. I did that because fomment 2783 suggested that being able to load the VoiceView module was a likely indication of a successful downgrade path. So testing that may actually be a somewhat necessary step on 5.8.10.1?
Could be so. Being able to install the VoiceView bin update file - which is also "FB02" type like the fw downgrade - is a good evidence that any other FB02 file would be accepted too. But nobody (except Amazon, of course... ) really knows if there's an internal counter which allows only one single "shot" in downgrading. In this case you could be out of luck after this testing.

When jailbreaking the miraculous 5.8.9.0.1 in two KT3 devices bought here in Germany, I didn't take that risk and therefore just tried to downgrade to the initial factory version before doing anything else.

Last edited by Antinoos; 01-29-2018 at 02:33 AM. Reason: typo
Antinoos is offline   Reply With Quote