View Single Post
Old 06-06-2021, 05:20 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Which is exactly what any epub comparison tool would need. Or any tool that could do something similar. Otherwise, how would the comparison tool know what to compare?

@carpler: Another option is to unpack the epubs to directories and then use a tool that can compare the files in the directories. Ideally, it would be something that can understands XML or HTML files. Also, there is some discussion of comparing epubs in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=283863 with some suggestions.
I have converted both copies to text and compare that way. I've also renamed the files in one copy and was then able to use Calibre's compare.

But mostly if the filenames are different and I cannot compare, then I go with the newer copy.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote