View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020, 06:38 PM   #4
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Thank you!

P.S. I'm having some trouble with the broken tables of contents and with broken scaling.

A quick test shows that k2pdfopt -mode copy -n -toc- can cut the table of contents, but not correct the scaling. A Quartz filter can cut and correct, but it's platform-specific and doubles up the text. MuTool Clean can't cut or correct these. Printing to a new pdf should have much the same effect as running through a Quartz filter.

P.P.S. Also running Mutool clean -d -s -z at the end of the process scrambles some text by writing one line over another. But -g -g -g doesn't seem to cause trouble. Known bug with -s: https://bugs.ghostscript.com/show_bug.cgi?id=702715

P.P.P.S. Removing text from the image pages is hit-and-miss. I suspect k2 is starting before gs has finished. So I am looking at restructuring the script to (a) run a Quartz filter at the beginning, even if it's Mac-specific, (b) then run the Ghostscript stages, (c) then cpdf and k2, and (d) finally run qpdf.

Last edited by MarjaE; 09-04-2020 at 02:07 AM.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote