View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 04:48 PM   #46
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Also, lay off my Martha.
why? "More"tha is a lying convicted felon who got off easy. And she was arrogant on top of it...as i said Oprah is a better version of "More"tha.

And if you read my comments about Oprah's list the books I recommend are far more than SF...the SF is merely a medium for the message. Character driven SF typically is a better vehicle for certain more open thinking, especially in terms of ethics. Perhaps she has not recommended such types of novels simply because she has never been exposed to them. All I know is her list is drivel for the most part. Now and then there are a couple OK reads but not often...

The problem with things like her list is EXACTLY her control over what those would probably never read are willing to read. One thing is at least she is probably getting some subset to read at all...and that is a start...of course the NYT Best Seller list probably has a similar effect.

BTW, I never wrote Oprah was not smart...just an under educated dolt...that is different. She is obviously a very bright individual to get where she is today from very difficult beginnings....but there are areas she is pretty apparently lacking in either common sense or simple education.

Last edited by brecklundin; 12-25-2008 at 04:51 PM.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote