View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 11:04 AM   #16
thefotochef
thefotochef began at the beginning.

Device: nine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
No I don't have a reference. I have common sense & I have used a blood glucose meter. There's nowhere on any reader in existence to stick the glucose test strip into for it to be able to read the strip.

I'm sorry & I don't mean to be nasty but that's got to be one of the stupidest questions I've ever heard. Do I have a reference? LOL I don't need one! Clearly you've never seen or used a glucose meter.

Here, watch a demo on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY-tIAib_sg

There is a port on several meters to upload/download the results to a computer which I already said in an earlier post but to do an acutal blood glucose reading on a digital reader, is not possible.
I want to thank you all for your feed back but to the person above that said "it was a stupid question" and "the person had never used a glucose meter" I have something to say. 1. The only stupid question is the one not asked. As small as glucose meters have become it would not be impossible for them to have a port in almost any electronic devices, it just hasn't been done yet. And as far as never having used a glucose meter, you're half right I NEVER have used one on myself, but I took my DYING FATHER'S SUGAR READINGS FOR THE LAST 5 YEARS OF HIS LIFE. So from now on please think before you speak., Thank you from the "Not too Tech Savy" OP
thefotochef is offline   Reply With Quote