View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 06:55 PM   #1
3dge
3dge began at the beginning.

Device: none
Help! Which eReader? Really simple requirements :)

First of all I bet people come to this forum all the time asking this question, but I've had a look around and all the threads seem too specific, my question is really simple. I could really use your help

I'm a first time eReader buyer, but I'm not interested in purchasing any eBooks from any company at all, I'm simply looking for a device that can read PDFs and maybe docs or other mainstream files. I'd like to be able to drag and drop PDFs easily onto the device using USB as a disk (without any third party software or websites) and read PDFs without any real problems. I don't need WiFi or any fancy gadgets, just something that feels nice and works!

I've had a look at the Kindle and it seems very DRM heavy, it looks like it operates similar to iPod/iTunes from what I can see, which I really dislike. I'd like to be free to drag and drop without being penalized or having to jump through unnecessary hoops/covert files to Amazon's preferred file type No offense to you Apple users

Touch screen would be great but not necessary, I'm really trying to keep costs down Again I'm sorry if you get asked this question all the time but I could really use an answer! Any responses would be greatly appreciated!

tl;dr simple PDF reader needed - nothing else!
3dge is offline   Reply With Quote