View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 06:43 PM   #7
egoat
egoat began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura h2o
I think the size is so close to sweet spot, could've been little bit bigger but most people wouldn't even notice it probably. What's better is the resolution and the great looking screen. The screen has no obstructions because the touchscreen isn't like the ones on the phones, so you don't have a chunky layer of another material in front of the screen, which I believe Aura ONE has compared to H2O. I've only seen my friends kindle ereader other than my H2O so compared to that it has a really papery looking/feeling screen.

The reason I bought this was because I saw Aura ONE and thought it'd be a great device to read manga, then I found out that it doesn't have any SD card slots so I went with H2O. Which works great so far, I read lots of manga in a short time.

If you'll read below my complaints are really minor and nitpicky so overall I think you'll like it if you're buying it for reading manga. I'd say definitely use KCC since it reduces/enlarges the size of the pages to your device which helps with faster turn pages.

I've wrote some complaints in other posts, basically they are, H2O is little bit on the heavy side when you handle it first and foldering system/mainscreen customization is bit limited. What I didn't wrote was the grooves around the screen catches some dust and might be annoying at times if you're sensitive about it, but quick wipe does wonders. And lastly back side of the Aura ONE helped greatly over me chosing H2O along the no SD option, because I think Aura ONE cyan colored button and whole back looks ugly but H2O has weird purple color and not that black, I was expecting something more rubbery instead of this odd finish. But if you buy a cover you'll never see the backside so there's that.
egoat is offline   Reply With Quote