View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 02:52 AM   #137
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
For me, Onyx will only have a chance if their next device can be used as a monitor.
Exactly my reasoning. I desperately want an E-Ink screen for programming (espcially outside, it's nice to have a non-reflective screen). I've been following the Onyx threads a bit and it appears they did manage to install VPN, however, the performance ought to be horrible compared what would be possible with a proper E-Ink driver (or possibly even dedicated to text processing). The thing with Onyx is that they prefer Quantity over Quality. A ton of features, mostly buggy, horrible UI and sub-par performance. But I would buy a device for 800$ even if it could *only* be an external screen, but be good at that. Just like I bought the DPT-S1 for 1000$ even thought it is "only" a PDF reader (which IMO is all anyone ever needs if they know how to use a computer to convert between formwats) but a darn good one at that, for what it's worth.
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote