View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #149
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
Actually, and I know this may sound counter-intuitive but exactly the same rules do apply regarding print and electronic books. Each publisher buys the rights for a given territory and can only sell in that territory.

What makes the difference is that when you order a print book from an overseas seller, the transaction is legally considered to have occurred at their place of business, but when you purchase an ebook it's your billing address that they use to determine the location of the transaction for taxation and rights purposes.

As for geographical restrictions, I won't circumvent them just for price.
I stand corrected. But the end result is that I'm buying from same retailer from same adress and with same credit card, but it's treated differently.
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote