View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 11:31 PM   #26
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Shouldn't this one be more specific, current sony content is already covered by the entry for epub with this one presumably meaning their obsolete lrx format?
Good point-Sony has converted their entire library by now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
Thanks for this great, consolidated list of formats & readers! Now it may be that I'm completely misunderstanding this, but as I read it, this list indicates that .mobi files that have been liberated are able to be loaded & read on the Stanza for iPad app. This has not been my experience. I have the Kindle for PC app and have liberated the DRM from all the .mobi files that I have downloaded, but when I load them into my iPad Stanza app they are not able to be opened due to the file format.

What am I missing?

Here is the deal, from what I can tell. Stanza provides two ways to transfer books to the iPad (and tomorrow, the iPhone/Touch)-the old way, over wi-fi thru Stanza Desktop, and the "new" way, which is drag and drop into the File Sharing area in iTunes.

The old way (wifi thru Stanza Desktop) still supports non-DRM .MOBI format (just tried it).
It also supports .PDB, and .LIT (non-DRMed).

The new way (drag and drop thru iTunes) only supports the following formats:
unencrypted DRM-free ePub format, DjVu, Comic Book Archive (both CBR & CBZ), and encrypted and unencrypted eReader and PDF files.

Last edited by kjk; 06-20-2010 at 11:39 PM.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote