Thread: Aura HD Setting up new Kobo
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 06:47 PM   #28
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Helen; I *think* you are confusing static IP addresses from one's ISP, and static IP addresses on one's private network (ie behind a router attached to the modem (either Cable or DSL or wireless) that in turn is attached to the ISP).
Could be. I just assumed we were discussing the ones from the ISP as this seemed to be the only option the poster had. Maybe I misread.

I have set up static IPs on routers many times in old sawmill/coal mine process control equipment that demanded static IPs, but there was no problem caused for the newer equipment.

I am obviously not understanding the problem I guess.

My static IPs are through my ISP and I pay extra.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote