Thread: Aura HD Setting up new Kobo
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 03:05 PM   #23
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
I personally use static IPs on my home LAN. It makes sense in this scenario with lots of little gadgets like cams and tablets where I might want to telnet or ftp, and don't want the IP bouncing around.

You can definitely mix DHCP and static IPs. The normal way is to set a specific range on the DHCP server and just avoid that range for the static IPs. I set up a small range of 10 IPs.

Here is a windows DHCP server:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dhcpserver/

I won't try to justify Kobo not being able to set a static IP. My android tablets have this ability, and even my two fairly low price webcams have this ability.
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote